Personal Independence Payment (PIP): 0800 121 4433

Phone the Personal Independence Payment (PIP) enquiries helpline on this UK contact number – freephone 0800 121 4433 to find out the latest benefit rates, submit a claims form, notify the government about a change of circumstances, or appeal against a decision that may have reduced your weekly allowance.

Personal Independence Payment (PIP) enquiries

PIP Website

Existing benefit claimants should phone the Personal Independence Payment (PIP) office on their telephone contact number 0345 850 3322 to switch from the previous Disability Living Allowance (DLA) system and to notify the government about a change in personal details such as your address. Similarly if your circumstances change you should inform the PIP enquiries team as quickly as possible as your payments may change accordingly, examples include if you are admitted to hospital or your medical condition worsens.

Calls to the Personal Independence Payment office within the Department for Work & Pensions (DWP) are charged at standard UK rates, which means you can phone them to discuss your PIP allowance for free if you get inclusive minutes allocated on your telephone tariff. Alternatively you will have to pay your provider an access charge alongside a per-minute fee, you should also note that the aforementioned access charge may be considerably higher for mobile calls in comparison to the equivalent landline rate. Alternatively you can phone the DWP on their freephone helpline 0800 121 4433 for free to discuss your PIP allowance. Lines are open from 8am-6pm Monday-Friday so please note you will be unable to discuss your PIP payments over the phone during weekends.

PIP Textphone helpline – 0345 601 6677

Contact the Personal Independence Payment team on their textphone helpline number 0345 601 6677 to discuss your benefits allowance if you are hard of hearing or you suffer from a severe speech impediment. Alternatively if you have a device set-up to use the Next Generation Text Relay service then you should instead dial 18001 0345 850 3322 to contact an advisor.

Appeals and complaints – 0345 850 3322

You can appeal against a decision made to reduce your PIP allowance by contacting their telephone helpline 0345 850 3322, which is also a useful number to complain about poor customer care by your appointed social worker. Moreover if you have been rejected for Personal Independence Payments you may call this number to demand a reconsideration or to find out whether there are alternative benefits you are suitable to claim. Alternatively you can send a letter directly to the Department for Work & Pensions, who oversee PIP payments, by posting it to their head office address:

Department for Work & Pensions – Personal Independence Payment (PIP),
Caxton House,
Tothill Street,
United Kingdom.

Submit a new claim for the Personal Independence Payment – 0800 917 2222

Contact the Department for Work & Pensions (DWP) for free on their freephone number 0800 917 2222 to file a new claim for the Personal Independence Payment (PIP) benefit. Here you will also be able to enquire about the weekly allowance rate you are eligible to receive based on your level of mobility and how your disability affects your ability to work. If you would prefer to submit a claims form in the post then you should call this helpline to request a document be sent to your home address. Furthermore you should call this helpline to reschedule an appointment date if you are no longer able to attend the meeting to determine how much money you will receive in your regular PIP payments. Alternatively if you suffer from a loss of hearing you should dial their dedicated textphone number 0800 917 7777 which is also free of charge.

Make a new claim for PIP from outside the UK: +44 191 218 7766

The PIP office can be contacted from outside the UK by dialling their international phone number +44 191 218 7766 for new claims for Personal Independence Payments. This service is useful if you are moving to the United Kingdom from overseas or if you are a current resident returning from abroad and you wish to resume your disability benefit allowance. Please be aware that phoning the PIP customer service team from outside the UK will be more expensive than calling from within the country unless you get free international calls as part of your mobile roaming package; the exact charges will depend on which nation you are in when you make the call.

Personal Independence Payment (PIP) contact numbers

PIP department Telephone number
Enquiries, appeals and complaints 0345 850 3322
PIP textphone helpline 0345 601 6677
PIP general enquiries (Text Relay service) 18001 0345 850 3322
Submit a new claim for the Personal Independence Payment 0800 917 2222
PIP claims (textphone) 0800 917 7777
Make a new claim for PIP from outside the UK +44 191 218 7766

Personal Independence Payment

Write to the Personal Independence Payment (PIP) office

Enquiries about your Personal Independence Payment allowance can be submitted in the post by using their correspondence address below, you can also request a new claims form through this service however it may take up to two weeks to arrive at your home address.

Personal Independence Payment,
Post Handling Site B,
WV99 1AH,
United Kingdom.