Carer’s Allowance: 0345 608 4321

Phone the UK Carer’s Allowance unit by calling this general enquiries contact number 0345 608 4321 at standard rates for help completing a form, to get their latest payment rates and for complaints.

General enquiries

Contact the Carer’s Allowance unit on their UK phone number 0345 608 4321 to file a new application, to confirm their payment rates and to report that you are no longer caring for an individual. Prior to claiming Carer’s Allowance you should also call this helpline to ascertain how this will impact benefits paid to the care recipient including reduced council tax rates. Moreover you can dial this helpline for technical support whilst downloading a new claims form and for assistance when completing the fields listed on the document. Existing claimants can dial this number to notify the administrative body that their income has changed, the number of hours they are caring for the loved one has increased and to register to take a holiday. Furthermore you may dial this number to file a formal complaint about delayed Carer’s Allowance payments which compromised the welfare of the recipient.

The Carer’s Allowance unit handle calls from 8:30am-5pm Monday-Thursday and 8:30am-4:30pm Friday so note you will be unable to report changes in your circumstances on weekends. Calls are charged at equivalent rates as 01 and 02 area code numbers, which means you will usually have to pay an access charge plus a per-minute rate. However you will be able to contact the UK government to discuss your Carer’s Allowance payments for free if you get inclusive minutes to use on your monthly mobile tariff or your landline package includes free calls.

Textphone helpline – 0345 604 5312

Carers who are hard of hearing can call the UK government on their textphone contact number to confirm their allowance payment rates, to register on the benefits system and for assistance when filling out an application form. Please note you will have to have a textphone or minicom device installed to be able to contact this helpline.

Appeal against a decision to reduce your Carer’s Allowance – 0300 123 1142

Phone the social security tribunal on their appeals contact number 0300 123 1142 to dispute a decision to reduce or cancel your Carer’s Allowance payments. A representative will then explain how to fill out an appeals form as well as the time-frame on the decision process. Note that you may have to attend a court session hence you should inform them as swiftly as possible if you are unable to attend a hearing so they can reschedule.

Carer’s Allowance telephone numbers

Carer’s allowance department UK contact number
General enquiries and complaints 0345 608 4321
Carer’s Allowance textphone number 0345 604 5312
Appeal against a decision to reduce your Carer’s Allowance 0300 123 1142

Alternative ways to contact the Carer’s Allowance unit

The Carer’s Allowance unit offers a UK postal address for general enquiries, complaints and for application form submissions. Alternatively you may prefer to use their online service where you can also find a full list of relevant guidelines and a payment calculator.

Write to the Carer’s Allowance unit

You can send letters of general enquiry and completed Carer’s Allowance application forms to their Wolverhampton mailing address:

Carers Allowance Unit,
Mail Handling Site A,
WV98 2AB,
United Kingdom.

Carer’s Allowance online service

Visit the Carer’s Allowance website to access online services including their payment calculator to determine how much money you are entitled to. Furthermore you can submit a new application via this service as well as download forms to protest against a decision to cut your allowance payments.